CreateSpace

CreateSpace
Books and Music

Sunday, November 22, 2015

LEARN TO PLAY THE PIANO IN AN HOUR

When we were teenagers my brother Steve came to me and told me that he wished he could play the piano. Steve already played the guitar.

"I'll show you how to play," I told him.

An hour later he was on his own playing all over those eighty-eight keys having a great time.  You should hear him play!

I cannot tell you how many times people have told me they wished they could play the piano or took piano lessons and quit. When I worked in Nashville I found that the studio musicians there use the "Number System." It was developed in the 60s when bands and producers were attempting to find the most comfortable key for the singer. It's not complicated. It just takes a little practice. In one hour you can learn how to play thousands of songs in your key.

My favorite story of teaching my hour lesson was when I was at Eleven Eleven Studio on Music Row. My friend Donna had just bought a piano and wanted to learn how to play. Her brother is the famous 80s country artist John Anderson. "I can teach you in an hour," I told her.

After my song Jose Cuervo was a hit, I moved to Texas. Fifteen years later, I moved to Nashville and looked Donna up. She plays beautifully now. "Wow, listen to you!" I remarked.

"Your lesson is the only one I have ever had," she said. Sure enough, there on the piano was a slightly frayed, yellowed piece of paper with my handwriting on it.

Just recently I put this easy to learn lesson together in book form. Do you want to play the piano?  It takes an hour and some practice. I also included the Nashville Number System. 
Visit www.cynthiamusic.com.

5 comments:

  1. We have that book in the CARNEGIE LIBRARY IN BALLINGER! Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that book in the CARNEGIE LIBRARY IN BALLINGER! Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia says you can learn to play the piano in one hour. Believe it, order it and begin playing immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in the power of music. Just one song has the power to change my whole attitude. If I'm feeling down, I can pop in one of Cynthia's CD's and I am in a much better place.
    If I have my grandchildren in the car, they love to listen to the Children's CD, they are such happy songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in the power of music. Just one song has the power to change my whole attitude. If I'm feeling down, I can pop in one of Cynthia's CD's and I am in a much better place.
    If I have my grandchildren in the car, they love to listen to the Children's CD, they are such happy songs.

    ReplyDelete