CreateSpace

CreateSpace
Books and Music

Monday, November 23, 2015

TOUCHING PEOPLE'S LIVES

I really love it when I get an email that there is a school or church that wants to use the music I wrote for the Kids for Kids choir in a program they want to do. It happens a lot this time of year.

It seems like I create music and books depending on what is happening in my life. I wrote the #1 song, JOSE CUERVO, when I was a cocktail waitress in my 20s. I wrote the Children's music in my 30s when I moved to Texas and had two babies and was the music minister at a church in Waskom, Texas.

I began writing ambient piano music in my 40s when I was on my path to spiritual enlightenment. In my 50s I began writing books about things I felt were interesting. I also began writing musical stage productions. My historical novels have been especially fun because I learn so much in my research.

I'll never forget my daughter's comment to me. Julie is a CPA. "Mom, you are a true artist. You don't really care about the money. You just love to create."

She was right. I have learned that my definition of success is "touching people's lives in a positive way." That's why I loved it when a few days ago I got an email from someone I never met, wanting sheet music for Oh Shepherd Boy, a song I wrote for the Kids for Kids choir. It is so satisfying to know a group of children will be singing the song this Christmas in their program at church. 

Today I received this message, "We love your songs and videos!!!!" Those words are music to someone like me. You might never know whose lives you touch but when you do, it's absolutely awesome!! www.jesusmusicforkids.com



No comments:

Post a Comment